Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In any emergency, first and foremost determine everyone’s safety. You can never be too cautious when an unexpected situation has occurred. Water moves rapidly. The sooner you call the faster action can be taken limiting further damages. We strive to go above and beyond for the safety of your home and well-being of our customers. Our highly-trained technicians are ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond immediately. SERVPRO of San Jacinto/Idyllwild/Lakeview is prepared and ready to help our local residents and businesses with their water damaged properties with our expertise, experience, and training to restore your home or business quickly and properly.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (951) 344-6114
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.